You might also like
- Which word to choose between these two ? Phras.In
- Keep your Android phone unlocked when connected to Trusted Wi-Fi network
- Device Remover : Perfect for Computer Administrators
- Add Administrator Open here command prompt to Right click
- Widely enhance the option menu on right click – with File Menu Tools
Few days back I talked about a software which allows you to create a virtual drive of any folder i.e. like your c drive or d drive it can create another drive say Y which appears in your my computer.
The software name was Visual Subst which made me thought if it was a windows command. I looked around and yes that was true. Subst is dos command which allows you create virtual drive out of any folder. Very handy for the most frequent accessed folders.
Here is complete option for SUBST
Associates a path with a drive letter.
SUBST [drive1: [drive2:]path]
SUBST drive1: /D
drive1: Specifies a virtual drive to which you want to assign a path.
[drive2:]path Specifies a physical drive and path you want to assign to
a virtual drive.
/D Deletes a substituted (virtual) drive.
Type SUBST with no parameters to display a list of current virtual drives.
It works on Windows VIsta, XP and should on windows 7 too. So if you dont want to use any of the software just remember the command but if tot comfortable with Dos command ? try the Visual Subst Tool