You might also like
- Download Books and read in flip style on your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
- Pocket Tanks : The Ultimate One on One Artillery Time waster
- Check Flash Drive for Read / Write / Logical and Physical Errors
- How to earn from sidebar in Blogs Logically
- Best sites to search and download free wallpapers Part 2
Download DirectX 10 for Windows XP is available now. You can download it ( Directx 10 for XP ) as the alpha version is said to be working by some users. It is said to work for Windows XP and with directx 10 games and graphics card, they should be able to play directx 10 compatible games like they play in Microsoft’s Windows Vista
Alky Project has released a preview of Alky compatibility libraries for Microsoft DirectX 10 enabled games. This can be used for Windows Operating system other than Vista to play games which requires Directx 10 / Direct X 10. This project was aimed to make DirectX 10 compatible games to run on Non Vista operating systems.
Cody Brocious, Lead Alky Engineer have released a DirectX 10 Alky preview which can be used with DX10 SDK. ( You can skip this and use DX 10 RC3 Installer directly below)
Update : We have found another patch
DirectX 10 RC2 Fix 3 – a patch to increase the compatibility of new games and programs with Windows XP, Windows 200 and Windows 2003. Here is an in detail tutorial for this : How to Install Directx 10 RC2 Pre Fix 3
And also corrects errors with the launch of games requiring files with DirectX 9.0 and earlier versions of it. The download link is available at our download center
This download can increase hardware compatibility even on Vista, by compiling Geometry Shaders down to native machine code for execution where hardware isn’t capable of running it .
You can download the files from our Download Center ( Click to download ) and leave your questions and problems in our forums @ DX 10 on XP Thread [ One of the forum member Warewolf Made it working, You can see how ]
In Case you are looking to know how to set Crysis on high end with XP and DX9 click to read How to configure very high settings for Crysis using DX9 and Windows XP
Update #1 : We have found another patch
Here is an in detail tutorial for this : How to Install Directx 10 RC2 Pre Fix 3 for Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003 ( Screen Shots below )
If you want to install directx 10 on vista read How to Download DirectX 10.1 from Vista Service Pack 1
Update #3 : Looking for Directx 11 ? Download Details here
- DirectX 10 RC2 Fix 3 for Windows XP
- Installer for Directx10 Windows Xp with PIC
- Alky Source Code (LGPL)Download
- Philosopher Code (LGPL – Needed by Alky) Download
- Alky for Applications 1.0 Compatibility Halo 2 for windows xp nfo
- Shadowrun for Windows XP Info
One of the user Paul had confirmed this working. Here is his comment
I don’t know about you guys but all i did was download the dll files and put them into windows/system32 folder and then downloaded the direct x SDK program and i got direct x10 successfully for xp.
I’m not joking. It was very easy and it worked on the first try. I don’t know if you have xp professional and if that makes a difference? But i got it to work for xp professional with SP3. I’m able to play “The Witcher” with the same amount of graphics as on vista.
The only drawback is that it seems to run a little slower but for direct x10 to work for xp, i guess i can deal with that little of a con. So just download the dll files into system32 folder and then download direct x SDK and it should work. Maybe I’m just lucky. Otherwise everyone be cool
and then check the instructions below to how to hack it. ( You can skip this process now and directly read our tutorial on How to Install Directx 10 RC2 Pre Fix 3 )
The Preview contains a read me file which goes like this :-
Copy d3d10.dll, d3dx10.dll, d3dx10.dll, dxgi.dll, and Nucleus.dll to C:\windows\system32\ (present in downloaded file)
To get the examples:
- Follow the instructions on Using Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition with the Microsoft Platform SDK
- Download and install the DirectX SDK
To build and run an example:
- Go to the Microsoft DirectX SDK folder, Samples, C++, Direct3D10, Tutorials, Tutorial12
- Double-click “Tutorial12_2005.sln”
- Select “Start Without Debugging” from the Debug menu.
There are a number of known issues with most of the tutorials, but they will all work to some extent. Tutorial 12 is currently the recommended example.
Please direct any feedback to the Falling Leaf Discussion forum @ DX 10 on XP Thread
According to Alky Project ,
- These libraries allow the use of DirectX 10 Games on platforms other than Windows Vista
- Increase hardware compatibility even on Vista, by compiling Geometry Shaders down to native machine code for execution where hardware isn’t capable of running it. No longer will you have to upgrade your OS and video card(s) to play the latest games.
I would suggest anybody who wants to give it a try, use the Falling Leaf Discussion forum and then go ahead with it. Do it carefully and If you don’t know how , you have the link above. Visit the Alky Home page and Update yourself.I hope to see the magic of this on XP like it Directx10 for Vista and Some excellent Xp tweaks or If you want to increase your productivity with vista