You might also like
- Find whats inside an archive file before downloading [ Firefox Extension ]
- Launch Chrome Apps without opening a New Tab but with a drawback
- How to enable Windows 7 Virtual WiFi
- SiteShoter: Desktop app to get the snapshot of any webpage
- Media Widget for Android: one touch access to Media Files and Camera
Facebook being the most popular social networking platform competing neck to neck with Twitter and having most feature rich apps makes everybody to sign up with them. Apart from these reasons, most of the family members have an account with Facebook and hence makes it easy to stay updated and connected to know what is going on.
Coming back to topic, If you want to Sign up with Facebook, it is easy but there are certain restrictions which we need to follow. Also there are few privacy issues which I will talk about later. So let us understand the basic steps to sign up and then we will look into the points because of which you are not allowed to create an account in Facebook.
Steps to Sign up with Facebook
- Go to Facebook.com
- On the right hand of the page, you will see a form which asks you to Sign up with them.
- The details required are : First Name, Last Name, Email, Password for this account, Your Gender or Sex and Birth Date.
- Remember the password asked here is not of the email id which you have entered but a new password for your Facebook Login.
- Give all the details correctly and click on the Sign up Button
- This will take you a Captcha Verification Page where you need to enter two words which is displayed as an image. If you cannot understand, request for a new one.
- Once you complete the steps, an email should appear in your Inbox of the email used above.
- This email has an activation link which verifies that you requested for an account with them.
- One you click on it, your Facebook Account is ready for use.
Steps to Create A Facebook Page for your Company
It may so happen that you came to Facebook for creating a Page so that you can list your business but when you try creating an account with that name, Facebook Rejects as they are bound to safeguard these names which are or look like company or brand names.I have listed details of that error in troubleshooting.
For these types to get on Facebook, It is recommended to create a Facebook Page. However even then you need a Facebook Account. So it is advised to have somebody in your company has authority to create his account first and then create a Facebook Page then.
- Go to http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php
- Choose Type which can be Local Business, Company, Brand, Artist, Public Figure, Entertainment, Cause or Community.
- Select your category and name and click on Get Started.
- You will have to agree with Facebook Policy and Pass through their captcha check.
- Once Done it will ask you either use an existing Facebook Account or use companies official email id and proper details to create one.
- Once done you will see the Page create and listed under that account.
Once done, I will suggest you to create a nice url of that page which looks like a facebook.com/yourcompanyname. Follow the steps here and it is possible to see your Facebook Page like a normal account Follow the settings here. This will make it easy to see the Fans and their comments.
Few Troubleshooting Tips for creating an account in Facebook
- You should always enter your correct age so Facebook can filter contents which is not suitable for your age. This makes sure you have healthy experience here. You should be at least Thirteen ( 13 ) to sign up or create an account with Facebook.
- You can always hide your age and other details which your friends or anybody can view.
- In case you are rejected by Facebook Sign up Process saying “There is an existing account associated with this email” , Then either you have already created an account sometimes back or somebody has used this email id. So either recover password and see what account it is or find who used that email id.
- If you are rejected by Facebook saying “Our automated system will not approve this name. If you believe this is an error, please contact us.”. Then it is possible that the name you are using is under copyright, someone Else’s name. But if you this is not the case, you need to get in touch with them and prove that it belongs to you.
Few words on Privacy :
Facebook though is a closed environment but depending on what you want to share and show with your friends it is possible to change things. If you are kind of person who does not want to expose every detail to the world, you should go and change settings in your Facebook Privacy Policies.
- How to disable the Automated Facebook Tagging
- Facebook Groups are excellent way to communicate with lot of users at once but sometimes it becomes annoying. Learn How to Turn of Facebook Messages
- Facebook App Requests are annoying unless you are totally into it. You should also Learn to Manage and Block Facebook Apps, Websites and People