You might also like
- MultiMonitorTool : Save Monitor Configuration, List Apps with Drag Drop support between Monitors
- How to stop Windows monitoring some programs for problem reporting
- Create Email Groups in Contacts of iPad, iPhone using MailShot
- Export list of files and folder with GetFolder
- How much will a Sandwich cost you ?
I was preparing my accounts for this financial year and had to do calculations month by month. Now it was really tiring to type each month one by one. I wanted to generate all the months automatically and I found how to do it. Damn Easy Here are the steps.
- Select a cell in excel , right click and select the type as Date.
- In Date you will get various options like Date formats in MM.DD.YY and more. Select Just M i.e which means months.
- Now keeping the cell selected, you should be able to see a cross mark at right corner.
- Grab it with your mouse and start dragging down.
- As you drag down, You will see Excel showing you next month . Look at the picture for better understanding.
Want to read more tip ? There you go 9 Tips to increase your productivity with Excel 2007 [ Office ]
Note #1 : Since I already typed in April, it started generating from April and it rolls on January again when you cross December.
Note #2 : This should be applicable to many things like auto increment numbers 1,2,3 or incrementing dates. Give it a try.
Hope that helps many of you. Happy Accounting.