Many a times it so happens that while giving your presentation / slide show, the experience becomes slow specially when your presentation has to display an image. I face the same problem once and looking around I found that my image resolution in the slideshow was higher than the supported resolution of the monitor.
Looking around I found this unique feature available in Microsoft Office 2010 / 2007 which allows you to switch the resolution to something different than what is set when you created the presentation. Say for an example, You images are of resolution 1024 X 768 and the computer have 800 X 600. While running the slide show it will take a toll on system and make it little slower. So here is what you do.
How to change resolution of presentation / slideshow while creating it
- Make a new slide show or open an existing one.
- Now click on Slide Show on the menu.
- In the slideshow menu, you will see Monitors which is the last item.
- In this you get a option as Resolution.
- You have option to set from 640 X 480 to 1024 X 768.
- If you are going to show it on the same machine choose the last option which says, Use Current Resolution.
This is also useful when you are planning to give a presentation on a where resolution is high, All you need is change the resolution here and select show on as projector and you are done.
Now you will never have any problem even if the computer is having different resolution. Read our tips on giving presentation on dual monitor
Related : Having trouble reducing resolution and image size try How to reduce image size in batch with a free software