You might also like
- How to Listen to Youtube videos into Podcast [ Batch Conversion ]
- Getting 502 Server Error on Google Apps Email account ?
- Prevent programs getting added to our Windows start up manager with Disable Startup
- Download Inception Movie Theme and Wallpaper
- File Renamer which lets you skip numbers when renaming multiple files
Winrar is not just a zipping tool, it has many additional features which can be used to create a professional zip files and many others. Yesterday we talked about some unusual features of winrar which is not commonly used. Why not because most of the time we just need to compress or de-compress.
Lets consider a case, where you want to send your client or a friend some set of files which should automatically install and all he or she has to is one click. We might not know but its called as installer. Now suppose when you download any software, it has an exe which does all job for you right?. Thats what we are going to learn now.
Create Basic installer with winrar
- Create a archive file or select a file for which you want to create installer.
- Right click on it and go to “Add Files to archives“
- It will open a window where you need to check the option “Create SFX Archive”
- Then Goto Advanced tab of same window and Click on SFX Options button.
- On clicking, it will popup another window which gives you an extensive set of options to customize your installer.
Customize Basic Installer :
- General : This asks you for the path where the installer will de-compress files to. You can even choose to run a program ( which could be a music file or something else).
- Advanced: This options is essential if you are continuously upgrading your software and clients need an update.
- You can delete older files before the installer is initialized.
- You can create shortcuts to desktop or start menu, Start menu/ Programs or even startup. You can even pass some optional parameter if your software requires it.
- Modes: These modes are specially require if you need to keep the client in mind. Here you can set
- If it has to use temporary folder
- Do a silent installation without asking
- Overwrite options – Complete, ask or skip.
- Text and Icon : Now if you are creating a professional installer you need to add Title images and text so people don’t thinks its a spam. Check the image.
- License: You can even add your own license to give it a final touch of professionalism. This can be useful if you don’t want others to take away your rights.
Easy!!! You have your own installer and without much of problems. If you follow the images and instructions properly. You won’t have any problem at all or else shoot your questions and suggestion in comments.