Remote Desktop Connection is an application in Microsoft Windows which allows any user to get a remote assistance from another windows user. However there are lot of trouble while using it specially with keyboard shortcut. You cant use the default keyboard short cut like ALT + TAB to navigate using Remote Desktop.
So what do you do ? , Most of us just use the mouse to navigate. I had the same problem and found a solution for that too. Now you can be a power user with the list of keyboard shortcut I am going to mention.
But before looking at them here are some facts about Remote Desktop Connection. Its based on Terminal Services and is a product of Microsoft. It follows the Remote Desktop Protocol i.e a multi-channel protocol that allows a user to connect to a computer running Microsoft Terminal Services. Clients exist for most versions of Windows (including handheld versions), and other operating systems such as Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris and Mac OS X.
Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Keyboard Shortcut
- CTRL + ALT + END : Opens the Microsoft Widnows NT security dialog box.
- ALT + PAGEUP : Switch between programs left to right.
- ALT + PAGEDOWN : Switch between programs right to left.
- ALT + INSERT : Cycle through programs in most recently used order.
- ALT + HOME : Display Start Menu.
- CTRL + ALT + BREAK : Switch the client computer between a window and full screen.
- ALT + DELETE : Displays the windows menu.
- CTRL + ALT + Minus Sign (-) : Place a snapshot of the active window in the client the terminal server, same as PRINT SCREEN on a local computer.
- CTRL + ALT + Plus Sign (+) : Place a snapshot of the entire window in the client the terminal server, same as PRINT SCREEN on a local computer.
So have fun with those shortcuts and and there are more coming in this new category. !!!