Xiaomi India has finally revealed its latest addition, Redmi Note Prime, which is its second “Made in India” at a price of Rs 8,499, and will be sold exclusively on Amazon India and Mi.Com. The sales starts on 15th December 2015. Redmi Note Prime is manufactured in Sri City, Andhra Pradesh, in partnership with Foxconn Technology Group. Redmi Note Prime is an enhanced version of Redmi Note 4G with dual SIM slots, 2GB RAM, 16GB Flash (expandable to 32GB) and a Snapdragon 410 64-bit processor.
The key specifications include:
- Snapdragon 410 Quad-core 64-bit processor
- 5.5″ HD IPS display (1280 X 720 resolution, 267 PPI)
- 2GB of LP DDR3 RAM and 16GB onboard Flash extendable to 32GB
- 3100mAh Lithium-ion Polymer Battery
- 4G dual SIM
- 13MP f/2.4 rear camera and 5MP f/2.2 front-facing camera
This is disappointing. This is exact the same specs as Redmi 2 Prime, except the you now have bigger screen. Xiaomi unlike last year is not the only player in the market now offer great specs at lower price. You have companies like Infocus and Coolpad here. It will be interesting to see how Xiaomi does in 2016 with it’s home competition in Indian grounds.