YU launched its flagship device, Yutopia, yesterday which houses the best specs you could have imagined in a flagship devices. While we are still testing it to figure out if the device is worth the hype, here is the unboxing and first impression of the phone.
As soon as you take the phone in your hands, you will absolutely love the build quality of the phone, which has Armour-like strength borne of an alloy of Aluminium and Magnesium that is also used in airplanes. It definitely looks better than devices like One Plus 2 and other phones in similar price range.
The camera hump looks bit weird, and the camera sensor reminds me of Nexus. The Box includes Charger, USB cable, and the Marley Earphones which is definitely a great add-on. The power button is sandwiched in between volume knockers, which for many would be new, and I am not sure how the experience will be.
As soon as you turn on the phone, and look at the screen, you will be impressed by the display. It includes one glass solution which improved the amount of black level resulting in better readability, and outdoor experience.
What surprised me is the available storage space which is just 22 GB, and its on the lower side keeping in mind the actual mentioned space is 32 GB.
The camera app looks similar to what is available on other devices, and you cant miss to notice the slight shutter lag, which wasn’t expected keeping in mind the great hardware specs. While the camera does come with option to disable shutter lag, but it will impact on the quality of the picture in low light. So one suggestion would be to automatically do this.
As of now I am little worried about the battery life because the combination of Snapdragon 810, 2K display will draw a lot of power, and with 4G support included, its going to hit the battery big time. The phone was already warm during the unboxing, and I had almost zero usage on this.
While we don’t always talk about the packaging, but Yu had done a brilliant job with it, and is worth a mention. Packaging of the device is premium. and the front feels very smooth. I am sure you won’t feel throwing away the box ever.
Specifications in Brief:
- 21MP primary camera with true tone dual LED flash and 8MP front facing camera
- 13.2 centimeters (5.2-inches) 2K SHARP OGS TP capacitive touchscreen with 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution, 565 ppi pixel density and 16M color support
- Android v5.1.1 Lollipop (Cyanogen OS 12.1) operating system with 2GHz A57 quad core + 1.5GHz A53 quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor, 4GB RAM, 32GB internal memory expandable up to 128GB and dual SIM (micro+nano)
- 3000mAH lithium-ion battery providing talk-time of 8 hours and standby time of 300 hours
- 1 year manufacturer warranty for device and 6 months manufacturer warranty for in-box accessories including batteries from the date of purchase