Microsoft is preparing to launch a public beta of Windows Live Folders . This is a free service that will let you upload and share files from your web browser. Like we all do send attachment through mails. All you require is a Windows Live Id and u will get 500MB of free space.
You can upload a file of size 50 MB Max. This can become a good feature in future as they might increase the file size. remember this is still in beta stage. Like they increased the size of mailbox storage to 2Gb , they can increase more here. They recently announced MSN Hotmail to Windows Live Hotmail now in 36 languages
The major feature and advantage of this sharing is the kind of sharing you can enable to the files you have up loaded. There are 3 modes to do it. Personal, Shared and Public.here is the direct quote from the news.
- Use personal folders to back up important files that are only for you.
- Get to your files from any computer with Internet access by signing in with your Windows Live ID.
- Shared folders make it easy to collaborate with coworkers or classmates.
- You decide how much control each person has over each shared folder. Some can just read what’s there: others can add and delete files.
- Everyone who is sharing uses their own Windows Live ID.
- With public folders, anyone on the Internet can view your files, but they can’t change them.
- Want to show your public files to others? Just send them a link! Each folder and file has its own web address.