Editing photos may seem complicated to some people, but it isn’t. Photo editing looks fun once you start looking forward to the result. Be it the bokeh effect, sepia filters, exposure, and contrast changes, using all of it & comparing photos before and after editing is enjoyable. The wave and lake reflection effects are the most mesmerizing among the hundreds of filters and effects in trend. Tag along to know how you can add the same effect to your photos quickly and easily.
What Are Wave and Lake Reflection Effects?
As the name pretty much speaks for itself, the wave effect and the lake reflection effect are a filter/preset that will make your photos look like they were clicked with the subject (you/the person in the photo) standing next to a water body or a lake with their shimmering reflection in the water.
The reflected image is formed onto the rippling water effect and is beautiful. There are many ways to add the wave and the lake reflection effect to your photos and make them look like they were clicked in a beautiful and natural picturesque spot. Let’s not waste more time and learn how to add the wave and the lake reflection effect to your photos.
How To Add the Wave and the Lake Reflection Effect to Your Photos?
In this section, we’ll learn a few ways to add the wave and the lake reflection effect to our photos easily and quickly. We’ll go over various applications for Windows computers or PCs and Android and iOS smartphones that you can use to add the wave and the lake reflection effect to your photos. Here is the software covered in this article:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Water Reflection Mirror Image
- Water Reflection Photo Effect
Let’s now have a detailed look at these applications.
1] Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop is a name not hidden from anyone. It is the biggest and the most popular photo editing software for macOS and Windows computers, and it has been that way for quite a while now. Regardless of your editing skills and experience, Adobe Photoshop is the type of application with a lot to offer for all levels of proficiency in photo editing. Adobe Photoshop is used by countless novice and professional photo editors across the globe and can easily add the wave and the lake reflection effect to your photos.
The user interface may seem scary to beginners because of the unfamiliar terms and features, but once you get used to them, you can add the lake reflection effect to any of your photos in just a few minutes. Adobe Photoshop boasts a versatile toolset that will give your photos a touch of professionalism.
- Both novice and professional photo editors across the globe widely use them.
- Versatile toolset to photos touches professionalism.
- Once familiar with the terms’ features, you can easily add wave and lake reflection effects to your photos in just minutes.
- The user interface may seem intimidating for beginners due to unfamiliar terminology features.
- It costs money, which can be prohibitive for some users who cannot afford it or don’t want to pay that much.
2] Adobe Illustrator
You might already know this software if you’re invested in digital arts and similar things. Adobe Illustrator is an all-rounder application aimed at digital art. The reason that we call it a rounder is the fact that it can also be used to edit photos. More specifically, when using Adobe Illustrator to edit photos, we’ll use the tools designed to edit/alter artwork to add specific effects to our photos.
This includes the wave effect and the lake reflection effect as well. Adding the wave and the lake reflection effect to your photos using Adobe Illustrator isn’t your traditional way of adding effects to your photos, and that is precisely why you should try it out.
- It can be used to edit photos as well as create artwork.
- Allows users to add wave and lake reflection effects in a non-traditional way.
- Versatile toolset for creating digital art projects with ease.
- It may not have the same range of features/tools as Photoshop
- Feature-packed, but the problematic user interface
PicsArt is yet another name known to everyone with a smartphone. PicsArt is a one-time solution for all your photo editing needs. Be it the wave effect and the lake reflection effect, or anything else. You can easily apply any effect of your choice using PicsArt.
It is available for Android and iOS smartphones and has exciting features that make photo editing enjoyable. It has a user-friendly interface, and you’ll have no trouble adding the wavering and lake reflection effects to your photos.
- Easy-to-use interface with user-friendly features.
- A wide range of effects and filters are available for editing photos.
- Compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
- It makes photo editing an enjoyable process.
- Some users have reported experiencing occasional bugs or glitches while using the app on their devices.
- It can be time-consuming if you are unfamiliar with all the tools in PicsArt, as there are many options to choose from when customizing your images.
4] Water Reflection Mirror Image
You can always rely on apps developed specifically for a specific purpose if you don’t wish to go along the learning curve of other apps. Water Reflection Mirror Image is an Android application that will add the wave and the lake reflection effect to your photos in just a few seconds, and it doesn’t require you to learn anything as well. Water Reflection Mirror Image is the solution you’ll need if you’re looking for the quickest and easiest way to add the lake reflection effect to your photos.
- Quick and easy to use, with no need for a learning curve.
- Add the wave and lake reflection effect in just a few seconds.
- No complicated tools or features are needed when editing photos.
- Limited compatibility as it is available on Android phones only
- Some users have reported experiencing occasional bugs while using this app
Download from PlayStore | iOS alternative: Water Effect – Mirror Photo Reflection Collage Art
5] Water Reflection Photo Effect
Like the app mentioned above, this Android application is a one-click solution to your needs. Yes, that’s right, you can add the wave effect and the lake reflection effect to your photos in just a few clicks to your photos using this application.
- Easy-to-use interface
- Compatible with most Android devices
- Variety of filters to choose from
- Not frequently updated
- Serves ads
Everyone loves to try out new effects and filters on their photos. While some editing apps require a fundamental level of proficiency in photo editing before enjoying them thoroughly, some apps do the work for you, so you can sit back and enjoy.
This article discussed some applications and software for PCs, Android, and iOS smartphones that you can use to add the trending wave effect or the lake reflection effect to your photos. You can choose either software; we guarantee you’ll get brilliant results. That being said, we’ll conclude this article with hopes that this article was of help to you. Have fun!