Android has come a long way to have automatic WiFi turn on or turn off feature inbuilt based on location. The option is straight forward in Stock Android, but if you are using any other phone, its hard to figure out the settings. While keeping Wifi turned on always is not a bad idea as it improves location accuracy. But if you want to turn wifi on or off based on the location of your Android smartphone i.e., At the home, office, gym, etc., then here are the applications.
Android: Automatically turn off turn on WIFI based on location
1] Stock Android Settings
- Go to your device’s Settings menu > Network & Internet
- Tap into Wi-Fi, and scroll down. Open Wi-Fi preferences
- Toggle on Turn on Wi-Fi automatically
The only drawback of this feature is that there is no setting to turn it off automatically. But it makes sure that when you are at a known location where you had connected to a wifi network, it will turn on, and connect.
2] Wifi Automatic by RN Solution
One of the interesting features of the app is to connect to a Wifi network as soon as you unlock the phone. It comes in handy when you dont want automatic download to trigger or apps to get updated over Wifi. Apart from this here is the list of features
- Setup locations where the WiFi should turn on.
- Turn on Wifi when you put on the charge which is extremely useful as apps and software update can be triggered.
- Turn on Wifi on an hourly basis.
- If the device is not connected to any network, it will turn off WiFi
- Schedule Wifi on and off for every day at a particular time.
3] WiFi Automatic by J4elin
It will automatically turn on Wifi when entering or exiting particular locations. You can add multiple areas; however, it will keep scanning for location. You can set the frequency at which it scans for location. If you dont move a lot, you can set less frequent scans, but if you keep moving all day, keep a short duration.
- Turns on Wifi when the device gets unlocked
- On or Off at the desired time
- Turn off when the screen is off
These apps should be good enough to automatically turn off or torn on Wifi based on location, time, and locked status of the phone. If there is any other app, let us know in the comments.