iTunes from apple confirmed a few hrs ago that the media player now should run on most of the editions of Windows Vista.
A separate document says:
A new version of iTunes that addresses several compatibility issues with Windows Vista. iTunes 7.1 is recommended for use with most editions of Windows Vista.
However, they still have some major bugs to be fixed. Which are
- Ejecting the iPod from the windows should keep it in working condition.
- The scattered display has to be fixed when the image or video is displayed by resizing the window size.
- Contact not syncing and others
They have given a few steps when you upgrade to Windows Vista from XP or 200.
- De Authorization from all the stores.
- Clean install of vista
- upgrade to 7.1
- Re-Authorizing the store accounts.
Check for the details on the document yourself, iTunes, and Windows Vista
Even For Mac, there are a lot of features in the 7.1 Version.
- Enjoy Favorite Music and TV Shows.
- Improved Full-Screen Cover Row.
- Improved Sorting algorithm.
Update: If somebody has a problem with the VbScript error, follow this solution iTunes and QuickTime for Windows XP cannot be installed without Visual Basic Script (VBScript)