Bolt is probably the only browser which works on non smart phones too and it has grown, improved and is giving better experience to even smart phone users. I had been using Bolt browser on my BlackBerry and works like charms for almost everything and with their latest release it even got better.
Download Manager is what I liked most in the improvement. Now I can actually manage my downloads inside blackberry by storing them into a dedicated folder or browse to any folder, Yes it can explore all your blackberry folder. It’s the same way I use downloads in Firefox.
Here is the list of features :
- Support for Widgets (web applications) that can be installed directly from BOLT
- Direct integration of Twitter Posting
- Advanced Download Manager – allowing for multiple simultaneous file downloads with pause – resume option
- Automatic socket support for most users (resulting in a 15% speed increase)
- Spanish and Russian language support
- Support for YouTube videos embedded in 3rd party sites
- Support for ESPN and CNN videos
- New shortcut keys that enable users to zoom in or out directly from the keypad, as well as navigating to the top or bottom of a page in full screen view
- BlackBerry-specific shortcut keys for scrolling to the top, bottom, left, and right of a page
- Common shortcut keys for both BlackBerry and non-BlackBerry devices with QWERTY keypad
- More sensitive button support on web forms
- Search widget to allow editing and searching of selected text on web page