When you leave reading a web page in between it is obvious that you would always want to start from the same place, especially when you are somewhere in the middle. However, the only solution which most of the browsers offer is just to remember the URL or the page in form of Bookmarks which opens up the page next time and you spend at least 2 minutes to find where exactly you left reading.
So today in this post we will learn how to save those two minutes using extensions for Chrome, and inbuilt settings in the browser.
Start where you left exactly on a Browser
- youRhere Chrome Extension
- Browser Continue when you left off settings
1] youRhere Chrome Extension
Even though Chrome hogs on memory, a lot of people still use it. So if you are in the same crowd, the youRhere extension will take you back to the same place.
It works on a very simple rule. Remember the line on the page, and highlight the line from which you want to start next time. Next time you launch the page using the extension, it will take you directly to that page i.e. automatic scrolling.
The chrome extension is very well done when it comes to the user interface, especially where you get to see the list of the bookmarked site. That said, you are now free to take a quick walk, attend office meeting or even switch user on your computer and still have the same page back exactly at the same place and get started where you left it.
Download Chrome Extension
2] Browser Continue when you left off settings
- Type chrome://settings in the address bar of the blank tab and hit enter.
- Navigate to find On Startup Section.
- Select the radio button of the option which says Continue where you left off
- Type about: preferences in the address bar of the blank tab and hit enter.
- Navigate to find Srattup under general
- Select the radio button of the option which says Restore Previous sessions.
Its rather easy to get back to the same place now with the option inbuilt into the browser. However, I would still do the old way by marking using the first extension.