Amit recently came up with a trick which allows you to upload music files disguised as Images. However there are few things which you should be concerned about before you do it : –
Here are some points from TOS of Flickr
You agree to not use the Service to:
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service.
- Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements). My No
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (”Rights”) of any party.
- For the first point ( Music files disguised as Images ? )
- Second point: Music Files – Did you buy it or downloaded from some torrent site ?
So my concern is
- If you Upload Music files you might just be violating some copyrights from the music industry point of view.
- Flickr like services allows you to host Image and Videos ( I don’t think they allow music files ) but in any case you cant use them for storage. Remember even if you have premium accounts and if you abuse their service and bandwidth, your content can be removed even without notification.
- Ghacks came up with similar concern in which they said ” However, remember that you cannot hide file size so if you upload images that are 5MB and 10MB big, Flickr is obviously going to get suspicious. What do you think of this trick? Are you concerned about the potential for abuse?”
Sooner or later these services will start tracking if users are really uploading something in huge and if its your bad luck, your whole account is in trouble.