We have posted about several Screen Capture Utilities, some of them allow you to take the screen capture and save it on clipboard to edit and save the way you want, whereas we have some don’t need any third party application for editing these capture as they come with editor. However if your work requirements are taking snapshots of webpages only, Screengrab (FF add-on) is probably the best solution.
Here is another free Screen Capture utility, it is unique in its own way and is pretty fancy in its own way.
PrtScr is a nice application, less than 3Mbs to be downloaded as an exe file for setup, once installed simply hit the ‘Prnt Scrn’ button on your keybord in order to get the PrtScr working for you, as soon as you hit ‘Prnt Scrn’, this is what you see.
Choose the type of screen capture, first option allows you to draw something (or annotating) using mouse and later take the snapshot of whole screen, 2nd option allows you to take free hand snapshot whereas last one is rectangular snapshot option.
Now once you have selected the area for snapshot or screen capture, it starts floating on your desktop as shown below.
Along with the floating captured area, also a window appears which gives you the options to decide next step, i.e. either save this capture, edit this capture in MS Paint, copy it to clipboard, or email it directly to someone. The title of the image appears as filename, and the comment appear as watermark on the saved image(screen capture). However the red outline has been drawn by me in order to get a better understanding, this isn’t the part of PrtScr.
JPG, PNG and BMP are the supported formats for editing as well as savings the screen captures taken using PrtScr, these options and handful of other can be accessed under the settings tab of PrtScr, as shown below.
Here is the list of features as seen on the PrtScr homepage –
- Accessible through Ptr Scr, Ctrl+Prt Scr, or custom hotkey.
- Captures full screen, rectangle selection, freehand selection, or active window.
- Can capture mouse cursor.
- Supports multiple monitors.
- Allows annotation over capture, with smooth, natural mouse drawing.
- Saves capture straight to desktop or to any file, sends it as email, edits, prints or sends to clipboard.
- Exports as JPG, BMP, or PNG (transparent or opaque).
- Can re-scale capture before exporting.
- Can pre-fill capture title & comments with window title & browser URL.
So, go ahead and try this cool application, if screen captures are part of your requirement.