Lets say you have two files. One is A and other B. Now if you want to Delete B and want to change the file name of A to what File name of B what do you do ? First Copy the name of File B ( F2) and then delete B, then again F2 on A and paste. That is like 9 steps and Copy File Name app drops it to 4!!.
Copy Filenames is a free application which integrates with your right click menu when you select a file or folder. Then it makes renaming of folder name like you copying and pasting the name into another. Below is small demo
Apart from the you can also copy a file name and delete it at that instantly delete it.
- Copies one or many file or folder names along with file size, date/time, path to file
- Option to quote filenames with single or double quotes
- Option to separate multiple filenames with newline, space, tab or comma
- Command to rename a file with text from clipboard (Paste Filename)
- Command to copy filename and delete file in a single operation