Word Count Tool is an online tool which allows you to instantly get the number of words in any text. It has a simple interface and is easy to use.
So, as shown above what you need to do is simply copy the text and paste it in the editor here on Word Count Tool, and click on the submit button to get the result.
Here is a list of what does this tool consider as a word and count (as mentioned at the homepage of Word Count Tool) –
- Words made out of the alphabet.
- Words made from a combination of alphabets and numbers.
- Words with an apostrophe ( ‘ ) and a hyphen ( – ).
It doesn’t count –
- Words starting with an apostrophe ( ‘ ) or a hyphen ( – ).
- Words made solely from numbers, examples:
- 1234 will not be counted
- 1234a will be counted
- HTML tags
Generally word processors come with a feature to count words, but the simple editors often don’t have the word count feature, so in such cases or while working on a webpage, this tool is helpful.