Each person requires different versions of their resume to utilize for various purposes. You can create a customized professional resume using a builder that will pass the applicant tracking system, grab the hiring manager’s attention, and help you get the next job interview. In this post, we will share online tools to create CV and Resume that will help to showcase your professional talents in a CV tailored precisely for a specific job or industry.
Best Online Tools to Create CV and Resume
Below are five free, easy, and best online tools to create an outstanding CV for your next job. There are a variety of features these tools can provide that assist in writing the ideal resume. Check it out:
- Zety: Best for Professional Resume Creation Advice
- Resume Genius: Best for Quickly and Easily Creating a Resume
- Wepik: Best for Creating Customized Resumes
- Standard Resume: Ideal For LinkedIn Active Users
- Canva: Best for Expressing Design Creativity
Check out each of these solutions and choose what works best for you.
1] Zety: Best for Professional Resume Creation Advice
Zety’s cutting-edge templates make it a fantastic online resume builder. The website guides you through every step efficiently. Filling out the information is necessary, and your resume will be ready in no time. You must create an online account even though this product is free.
- Professional templates: You can select from modern, creative, elegant, or professional resume templates. It has 18 templates. It is simple and easy to change the colors, and you can change the layout to any format you prefer: functional, reverse-chronological, or combination.
- Recruiter’s advice: On this website, every writing tip is provided by Certified Career Experts with experience assisting individuals in receiving more job offers. So, you do not have to take the burden of creating and arranging the resume’s contents yourself.
- Edit your resume as desired: You can select the font styles, dimensions, and spacing, and you can bold, italicize or underline the content. It also handles the formatting and provides you with the best resume layouts.
- Builder of resumes and cover letters: With a few easy steps, you can write a professional cover letter and a resume.
- Provides advice and prompts and leads consumers through each step of the procedure
- Various choices for customization to make a distinctive resume
- The auto-suggestion tool offers descriptions of job experience and talents that are ideal for ATS
- The download is free for TXT file format but has to pay for a different format.
- Some templates conflict with ATS
2] Resume Genius: Best for Quickly and Easily Creating a Resume
Resume Genius is undoubtedly one of the most straightforward and fastest free resume tools. Using a clear and straightforward interface, the tool guides you through each component of your resume, such as education, employment experience, and references. Using the search options, you can create an ATS-optimized resume tailored to your industry and position.
- AI-driven builder software
- Recruiter-approved, job-winning samples
- 100% free templates for download
- Writing advice from qualified professionals
- Several download methods, countless resume layouts, and 50+ resume formats
- Tools for job tracking and search
- One-click export to MS Word or PDF
- User-friendly interface
- URL for performance tracking and sharing
- You can perform a job search and select from more than 50,000 job description bullet points that are relevant to the position you are applying for
- Free download for a .txt file and a 14-day trial subscription is required to download in a PDF or other format.
3] Wepik: Best for Creating Customized Resumes
Wepik, a user-friendly editing tool that enables users to quickly produce the most professional and eye-catching visual branding documents, has eliminated the need for graphic design skills.
Once you have decided on the ideal resume, import and fill your information into the template; make sure to include your educational background, contact information, work experience, and, if applicable, a photo. You can easily share your professional profile in minutes by downloading the document in your selected format.
- Small enterprises and individuals can make quick, expert-looking resumes and cover letters.
- Thousands of ready-made templates available in various formats
- Have access to a variety of images, fonts, and visual elements that are all entirely free within the online editor
- Free premium features
- Simple and intuitive editing
- Fewer choices for customization for already-created designs which cannot be uploaded
- You must either choose a template or begin making the resume from scratch
4] Standard Resume: Ideal For LinkedIn Active Users
If your LinkedIn profile is active, Standard Resume imports your information directly from LinkedIn, saving you time.
Thanks to the white background and simple design, you can concentrate on what matters, that is, your content. As you go along, you can switch back and forth between Write and Design to see how your resume appears, and when you are done, you can download it as a PDF. Also, the tool makes your resume mobile-responsive so you can view it on a smartphone.
- Users of LinkedIn can rapidly construct a CV that is ATS-compatible
- Creates a professional resume automatically using information from your LinkedIn profile
- Advice on how to enhance your resume
- Free of cost
- Simple and direct import from a LinkedIn profile
- Minimalist, allowing you to concentrate on your accomplishments and experience
- There are not many design tools or customization choices available
5] Canva: Best for Expressing Design Creativity
Use one of Canva’s hundreds of free designer templates if you are applying for a creative position or want a resume that will make you stand out. You will find one you like among Canva’s incredible creative templates, and updating resume sections is as simple as copying and pasting. Furthermore, the templates are divided into groups, making selecting based on your preferred sector of business simpler.
- Enables design expression and originality in resumes
- A vast range of resume templates, layouts, and designs
- User-friendly interface
- Countless free designer templates
- Templates are arranged according to the industry
- No option to upload an existing resume, i.e., the one you have on your phone or PC, and edit it.
- Editing design elements can be challenging for some.
- The PDF formatting on Canva may conflict with ATS (Application Tracking System)
We advise selecting a builder that offers recommendations and suggestions if you want a tool that walks you through writing a resume. Also, selecting a tool with customization features is better if you prefer having creative control while creating your CV.
So, select a resume builder that fits your needs, industry, and personal preferences, and you will be well on your way to getting hiring managers to go through your resume without a second thought. I hope this article helps!