Copying is a bit of problem in Windows when you have less of ram / memory and more of data ( i.e. 1-2 Gb or more ). Since Windows Copy program uses the MFC classes, chances are when you are doing a huge copy the machine will definitely get slow when you are low on resources.
Introducing Fast Copy, a program which is said to be the fastest Copy/Delete Software on Windows. This program takes advantage over windows copy by using only Win32 API and C Runtime.
This program uses the funda of user defined Buffer copy which makes sure it had copied a defined amount of data before it starts writing. So it reads and then write again reads and then write.
However when you copy between 2 different harddisk it uses the parallale path concept and runs thow threads. One for opying and another for wirting. Since Writing is on different HDD the perfomance doesnt degrade.
I did a test run in which I copied data of 1 GB .
- Using Windows it took 3 min 15 seconds
- Using fast Copy with 32Mb buffer : 134.66 = 2 Min 14 seconds
- Using fast copy with 128 MB buffer : 125.27 sec = 2 Min 5 seconds
- Using fast copy with 512 MB buffer : 128.85 sec = 2 min 8 seconds
Other Features :
- You can do a DIFF [ No overwrite , Size / Data , Newer ]
- Sync , Move and Delete
- You can verify and also find an estimate for the copy
- Filter as you copy
- Command Line is supported but if you want to make it portable the command line is lost.
- Include/Exclude Filter (UNIX Wildcard style) can be specified.
- It supports UNICODE and over MAX_PATH(260byte) pathname files.