While Windows 7 comes with the support of creating wifi hotspot, there is no user interface available. Sharing the internet from a laptop can be useful in many places. You can share internet available at the hotel, or
Create Windows 7 WiFi Hotspot using Connectify
Today RWW found an awesome software, Connectify, which solved my problem in one second. Honestly just one. This software allows you to convert your Windows 7 computer into a HOTSPOT and then share an internet connection on your computer in a click.
- First, download a copy Connectify by signing up for the beta. Since the download link will be sent to you on email, make sure you gave a right one.
- Install it. Once done a small icon will show up in your system tray. Double click it.
- Now you need to give a unique name, phrase and select connection which has internet and you want to share.
- Now follow the steps which I wrote on connecting Blackberry WiFi.
- Once done your BlackBerry device will show up on HotSpot List.
- Once you see that, use your BlackBerry browser to browse the internet easily.
- With 1.0 you can also see a list of previously connected device list and currently connected list of device.
The only drawback is that it will only work with a Windows 7 computer.