Windows comes with an in built feature to record all the activities that is happening in the system. This system logger also logs down application failures, crashes, logs related to system, administration and security. Even Log Explorer is a free application which is better than Windows Log Viewer because of better user interface i.e. Tabbed interface and ability to connect to multiple computer simultaneously. The computers can be arranged into group.
Like you can see in the image, each of the logs can be viewed in tabbed window which make ist easier for you to compare different logs or same logs when connected to multiple computer.
Overall Features :
- Tabbed Interface
- Supports multiple computers which can be grouped.
- Manual and automatic backup of event logs
- Filters available to quickly find text you are looking for.
- Bookmarks for quick navigation.
- Compatibility with well-known event knowledge bases (EventID.com and Microsoft knowledge base)
- Different Event ID have different colour scheme
- Print and export to different formats
- Read damaged EVT files and generate EVT files from event views.