File Seek is an alternative to default Windows search, which allows you to search the files on your computer in a very effective way. The best part of File Seek is you can search for files based on the phrases, sentences or strings in them.
Setup file for File Seek is around 390Kbs, and once downloaded and installed, you come across a window as shown below.
File Seek allows you to exclude and include files in your search using the file extension (like you can exclude all executables using *.exe, and include using *.exe).
The best feature of File Seek is being able to search for text within the file, moreover the way it renders the result with details, like line number, and full line which has the searched phrase in document.
Here is the Feature List of File Seek as seen on Download Page –
- Search for text string matches inside any kind of file
- Match Regular Expressions inside any kind of file
- Search a folder and all of it’s sub-folders
- Match 1 or more file patterns, like *.jpg, file?.txt or anything else you can imagine
- Exclude 1 or more file patterns from your search, like *.exe or *.dll
- Filter results by the last modified date
- Never indexes files in the background
File Seek is useful for everyone but a must have if you work around with loads of documents. Give it a try. I am sure you will like it.