It allows programmers to quickly build and edit small or large sets of XML data as a test bed during the development of XML-based applications. With XML Notepad, you can create XML document prototypes quickly and decrease your production time.Its a pretty neat tool if you really can get hold on it. This was introduced in 1998 but was gone after sometime.Now with help of dot net framework and with System.xml its back.
The Features and usage of XML Notepad
- Incremental search (CTRL+I) in both tree and text views, so that as you type it navigates to the most matched node.
- Cut/copy/paste with full namespace support in a simple inter operable XML format.
- Drag/drop support for easy manipulation of the tree, even across different instances of XML
- Notepad and from the file system.
- Infinite undo/redo for all edit operations.
- In-place, pop-up, multi-line editing of large text node values and IntelliSense based on expected elements and attributes.
- Configurable fonts and colors via the options dialog.
- Full find/replace dialog with support for regex and XPath expressions.
- Good performance on large XML documents (loading a 3 MB document in about one second).
- Instant XML schema validation while you edit with errors and warnings shown in the task list window.
- Support for custom editors for date, dateTime, time, and color datatypes.
- HTML viewer for displaying XSLT transformation results.
- Built-in XML Diff tool.
Quick Preview of XML Notepad