When visiting a website, if you needed to either rotate or zoom or flip an image, then here is a Firefox and Chrome extension which lets you do that. The extension allows you to rotate and zoom images right in the browser without downloading it.
How to Rotate and Zoom images in the browser (Chrome and Firefox)
Here are the extension for Firefox, and Chrome to rotate and zoom images on the browser.
1] Rotate and Zoom Image in Firefox
Here is a Firefox add-on, Rotate and Zoom Image, to rotate and zoom the pictures in a web page on the fly. All you need to do is only right-click the image to get the options to rotate, zoom, and flip.
You can rotate by 90,180 right or left.
Similarly, you can Zoom rom 25% to 500%. Once done, choose to reset.
So if you too feel like rotating an image in the browser without downloading it, go ahead and try Rotate and Zoom Image for Firefox
2] Enhanced Image Viewer in Chrome
While it doesn’t work exactly like the Firefox extension but offers a lot of customization, and extremely useful keyboard shortcuts. Once you open the image in a new tab, you can use the shortcuts.
Keyboard and Mouse shortcuts
- Left mouse button click – scale image to fit window or to actual size
- Left mouse button drag – pan image
- Ctrl + Left mouse button drag – default Chrome behavior
- Mousewheel – zoom image
- Ctrl + Mousewheel – scroll vertically
- Shift + Mousewheel – scroll horizontally
- Alt + Mousewheel – rotate the image
- H key – flip image horizontally
- V key – flip image vertically
- Q key – rotate image 90 degrees counter-clockwise
- E key – rotate image 90 degrees clockwise
Download the chrome extension from here. Once installed, make sure to go ahead and change the settings of background color, image position, hide scrollbars, default size, and so on.