Lightscreen is a small application which allows you to get screen captures on the fly, damn simple to use, and works perfectly fine on Windows 7 also. Here is the snapshot of the window where you can set the options before you start taking your captures.
Using this window and the tabs on it, you can choose the
- Default location to save the screen captures
- File format for the captures
- Filename format, hotkeys, and
- Under the options tab there are several other attributes, like quality of screenshot etc.
Once the screen capture has been done, and saved on your computer, you can open it in any editor (MSPaint or whatever you use) and edit it as well if required, else you the screen shot as it is.
Things I liked about Lightscreen –
- Light weight, and small.
- Allows to take screen shots fullscreen, window, or a custom area can be defined for every screenshot.
- Three file formats for screen captures are supported, JPG, PNG and BMP.
- Delays can be imposed while taking screen captures.
- Quality of screen captures is good; however you can optimize them if required, by compromising with quality, shown in above snapshot.
- Custom filenames can be set for every screenshot.
So, if you are looking for a free screen capture utility, give this app a try, it would be one of the best option if you are using an old computer.