If you are having multiple accounts in windows XP computer, you might be willing to hide it , if you have some disabled account. Moreover sometimes parents want to restrict their children from accessing computer all the time. Here we are going to tackle both the problems. One of the tricks is going to use registry so please back it up. One thing, I am not sure but both the tricks will or might need administrative privileges.
How to hide inactive accounts from login screen
- Open registry by running “regedit” command in run box.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogonSpecialAccountsUserList
- Check if the same account name exists, If yes Double click on it and set the value to “1″ to show it or “0″ to hide it.
- If not, right click and create a New > DWORD.
- Give it the exact name as the users account name, and set the value as “0″ or “1″ as explained above.
How to control the login time of a user account
This utility can be useful if parents want to control children to access the computer for particular period of time. Its just one simple command
- Go to run box
- Type “net user <exact_user_name> /Time:M-F,08:00-17 :00” without the quotes.
- This will let the particular user to login from Monday to Friday (M-F) between 08:00 am to 5:00 pm .
If you are using Windows 7 or Windows Vista, follow our guide to control activity, login time etc of your kids.
I enjoyed disabling some accounts in my friends computer and he was just scratching his head why he wasn’t allowed to login. Have Fun