Honor has rolled out an update to its custom ROM, EMUI 3.0 which brings in the Raindrop theme to the phone. It includes high quality images matching to the monsoon season we are waiting in India to come next week. The theme includes new icons, wallpapers, colours and textures that bring your homescreen alive. When we reviewed Honor 4X, this was our number one concern that looks like Honor India is working hard towards it.
The update also rolls out a new featured called ‘Join Contacts.’ It allows you to link contact under different accounts like Gmail, Facebook and Phone into one single contact. This feature first came in Windows Phone and is in fact very helpful to see every info about a contact under one roof. This update also addresses issues for :
- Messages saved under the folder Notifications in the messaging application.
- Duplication of the live wallpaper ‘Bubbles’ and problem with previewing it.
- Roaming Settings popup when a roaming SIM card is removed from the device.
- Incorrect information displayed on the weather application and others.
How to Upgrade over the Air:
- On your home screen, click on Settings, find Updater and open it. Then Check for updates. It will list all the available updates for your device
- Select Che1-L04V100R001C900B130 and press Download and install.
- The upgrade process will start. At first it will download the upgrade package to the device. Once the version is downloaded, you can backup personal data. (Use the Backup tool for this purpose.) In order to install the new upgrade package, press the Installbutton. An ‘Updater’ dialog box will appear, press the Install button.
- Device will restart and upgrade will take place. After the process is completed, your device will reboot.
Make sure your phone is connected to WIFI and has enough charge to keep up. If you are planning to upgrade over SD card, you need to follow the detailed instructions on the official post.