Since the launch of Instagram Stories back in 2016, the story feature has continued to grow in reputation. As per a report, In 2018, about 400 million people were actively using Stories on the Instagram app. This can be a goldmine to draw more followers and keep the audience entertained. Nevertheless, one of the common difficulties that Instagram users face is making their stories more engaging to the end-user. One such way is by adding music to your Instagram Stories to catch the attention of your followers. This post will guide you on how to add music to your Instagram Story in a simple way.
How to Add Music to Your Instagram Story
Adding music to Instagram stories is quite simple and can be achieved in several ways. Here’s a list of the three best fastest ways to add music to your stories on Instagram.
- Using Music Stickers
- Using an Editing Application
- Add Music while shooting the story.
1] Adding Music Stickers
The Instagram Story Music sticker was released in June 2018, and it’s the fastest way to add music to an Instagram story. However, do note that there might be a certain collection of songs or music not available in the Instagram library.
- Launch the Instagram application on your smartphone.
- Swipe from right to left on your home screen to pull up the Story menu.
- Here, take a picture or shoot a video to put up on the story.
- Now, from the menu bar along the top of your screen, click on the small square smiley icon being peeled away to bring up the stickers.
- Here, select the Music sticker. Then, in the search box which appears, search for the song you want to include on your Instagram Story.
- Finally, Tap on the selected song and drag the small bar at the bottom of the screen to the trim and place the music in your story.
- Press on Done, and you’re good to go.
2] Adding Music using an Editing Application
If you have already recorded a video and would like to add sound effects or a music track to it, adding it using an editing application could be a good choice. Here’s how to do so:
- Open a video editing application of your choices, such as Filmora or Kinemaster, on your smartphone.
- Next, Open the selected video track in the editor, and click on Add Music.
- Choose the music track from your file library, trim it using the built-in tool, and add other effects if required.
- Export the video clip, open Instagram, Swipe from right to left on your home screen to pull up the Story menu, and post the video.
3] Add Music while Shooting the Story
This method could be helpful if you have already planned on shooting the story in advance. This method involves the use of an external speaker, playing the required soundtrack while shooting the video. Here’s how to do so:
- Setup an external speaker, either a wired or a Bluetooth one.
- Keep the soundtrack ready to play, and hit the record button in the story on your smartphone.
- Record the Instagram story while the sound is being played on the speaker.
- Trim the video, enhance the look and feel, post the story, and wait for your followers to praise.
How to Add Music Lyrics to your Instagram Story
Have you seen some people posting lyrics of songs in their Instagram story and wondered how they do so?. It’s quite simple, here’s how:
- Follow the method mentioned above to add a Music Sticker to your Instagram story.
- For songs that support lyrics, you’ll find a set of new icons being displayed above the Post button. Choose either one of them, and it will add the lyrics of the song to the story.
I hope the post was easy to follow, and you were able to add music to your Instagram Story easily.