Many a time you need to ask for a handwritten signature and if you are using Microsoft Office Word you can use the Signature Line feature. This tool is available under Insert > Signature Line which is at the corner of the ribbon menu. This signature feature also lets the third party signature plugin to be used in Office Word. In this post, I will share how you can add handwritten signature in Office Word Document.
How to add handwritten signature in Office Word Document
There are two simple steps here.
- Create a signature either by scanning an actual signature or use Draw tool.
- Insert using Signature Line.
Create a signature either by scanning an actual signature or use Draw tool.
Before digitally signing a document, you will need to have your signature file ready. You can have it scanned and save it as PNG file. The format makes sure that the background is clear. When you insert a PNG file in the document it looks like you have signed it actually. You can also use the Crop image tool in Word to cut out signature part of an already existing document.
Add handwritten signature using Signature Line.
- Select an area where you want the signature box to appear. On ribbon menu > insert > Signature. Click ok to continue.
- You will see a screen below which you can call it as Signature Creating tool. This tool asks you for the names and position of the person who is going to sign.
Once done you should see the signature area is ready. To sign you can double-click on it and browse to select the signature image you scanned. Also, note that date is recorded when you sign and it appears on the top right of the box.
- It is also possible to sign a document by typing in. Since this is a digital record it still can be used. The signature process makes a record of the username who signed the document. So make sure to use your account before signing in.
- As soon as you complete this, you will see that Word Document will finalize the document. This is to make sure no editing is done after this. However, if you still edit the document, the signature is removed.
Once created, you should be able to reuse it to sign documents quickly.
Related: Type in your handwriting by creating True Type Fonts out of your handwriting