Have you ever encountered a situation with no storage space or almost zero on your iPhone? If you keep too many files on your iPhone, it is easy to relate to this scenario. This post will share how you can check iPhone Storage usage and monitor it. You can then delete data and free up some space for your needs.
How to Check iPhone Storage Usage
Here, we will learn more about checking the storage of your iPhone.
- Check iPhone Storage Usage
- Free Up iPhone Storage Usage
When deleting files, ensure you will need them later. Once you delete them, recovering files from iPhone will be a tough job.
1] Check iPhone Storage Usage
Follow the steps below to check iPhone Storage Usage.
- Open the Settings app on the device.
- Go to the General option.
- Select the iPhone Storage option.
- At the top of the screen, you will see the information you need. Now, you know how much space you have left on the device.
- You will also come across a list of currently available apps on the device.
- Click on them to get detailed information on each app’s storage space.
If you constantly get the Storage Almost Full alert, it’s time to check out the apps and delete them.
Sometimes there are too many free apps you have downloaded and kept to use later. It is common with games, and hence it only makes sense to delete it.
2] Free Up iPhone Storage Usage
Understandably, the storage space present on the iPhone will eventually get used up. Are you wondering what to do now that the storage is full? Well, for that, Apple has ensured that users can free up the storage space in the device. For that, follow these steps –
- Go to the Settings app on the device.
- Select the General option.
- Go to the iPhone Storage option.
- Here, you will see the data used graph color-coded at the top of the screen.
- Below, you will come across installed apps and the amount of storage each uses.
- Click on the Review Large Attachments and turn it on.
- After that, you will view the list of the files that take up the most space on the phone.
- Tapping on any of the files will offer the option to delete them.
- If you want to opt for the bulk-delete option, click the Edit button on the top of the screen.
- After that, you can delete all these files at once.
Another way to free up space on the iPhone is to delete or offload an app. If there are apps that you do not use presently on your device, you can offload the apps. This way, you can delete the app, but the user data and app icon will remain on the device.
Alternatively, you can also delete the app from your device. In that case, you will lose your iPhone user data, app, and icon. Remember that re-installing the app will not get the user data back.
I hope the post was easy to follow and that you were able to check iPhone storage usage. Keep a tab on unused apps, and uninstall them when you don’t need them.