After getting the Nokia N72 phone, I was curious to put some themes to make it looks better than the default theme. Though the default theme is pretty good, I want some different themes and more customized ones. My search resulted in finding this site OwnSkin, which allows registered users to download or make their themes. It’s an online theme creator that supports Nokia Symbian S60, S40 and Sony Ericsson, and many other models. You can download the theme for the phone and install it on your phone from the computer or using the Internet on Phone.
Create and Download Nokia Themes
- Go to OwnSkin, Select Nokia and SE Theme.
- Create a username for you — signup and then login.
- Then select Create Theme, which should be on the top left and then Select Mobile Theme.
- On the next page, scroll down to Nokia Section and Select your Model.
- OwnSkin Provides you to create themes in three different ways: Using EXP+PRO Theme Creator 2.0 (Beta), Professional Theme Creator, Express Theme Creator. If you want extra customization, select the Exp + Pro else create Express Theme creator.
EXP+PRO Theme Creator 2.0 (Beta)
- One this mode starts, click on the More button, which is left bottom. Then Click on Pro Mode.
- This mode lets you customize every part of the theme like Navigation Pane, Battery Strength, Change Clock, and more.
This theme creator also allows you to edit the images online. When you select a model to upload, hit the edit button once you have uploaded the picture. It will open a basic editor that will allow you to crop, resize, change angles, add effects, and more.
Once all customization is complete, click on done to get a preview. Preview for all possible screens; for N80, I have seen 18 Preview Screens. Once you are satisfied with the theme, click to generate it and give it a name. If you want, you can share themes with other members of OwnSkin or keep it private if you have used any personal image. You will get a download option at the end of your PC or a WAP url for direct download to your phone.
Professional Theme Creator:
This theme creator is the same as above except that you do not have an advanced image editor support here. Simple Upload images for each section and save it to download.
Express Theme Creator
- Select the type of skin, which will be according to the kind of Nokia Phone you have.
- Select an Image and crop to a particular size.
- Select an image for the active background, which will show in the menu item.
- Go to advanced settings to change the contrast of background, choose another image for the clock and battery.
- Enter the information about the skin and choose if you want to share it or keep it private.
- Download and Install the skin.
- If you are looking to create flash animated videos for Nokia phones, click here
Here are the images which I took to develop my theme.
It’s three steps process where you can even use gif images to do so. I will try to make some more themes and use them for myself if you like to try this. The created themes do not create any problem. I tried three times, and it works well.
Prerequisite of the Nokia Theme Installation
Here is the requirement of the Nokia Theme Installation. It would help if you had the driver and the software.
- Install the Nokia Driver that came along with the phone. From the CD.
- Download Nokia PC Suite and install it.
- Connect your data cable and your phone should be detected by the Nokia PC Suite software else check the Connection Manager of Nokia PC Suite.
- Now Download the themes you like and Double click on them to install. When you double-click on the theme, it will open the Nokia PC Suite application Itself and ask you to install it.
So go to OwnSkin and try to Create and Download Nokia Themes that suit your mood and your phone. If you also have a Sony Ericsson Phone, You can use this tool or try out this tutorial How to create Sony Ericsson Themes, and you can also try sending free scheduled text messages