Reddit has an extensive selection of videos and images, from humorous clips to educational content. You can download the videos and images on Reddit in several ways. There are different approaches to downloading videos and images apart from the built-in setup in Reddit, as some videos cannot be downloaded through the built-in setup. This article will discuss how to download Reddit videos and images further.
How to Download Reddit Videos and Images
Below are four methods you can use to download Reddit videos and images:
- Download Reddit Videos and Images on Android
- Download Images Directly on a PC
- Use Reddit Video Downloader
- Use Extensions to Download Videos
1] Download Reddit Videos and Images on Android
If you have a Reddit application downloaded via Play Store on Android, a dedicated download button in its app enables you to save any desired videos or images. However, the built-in feature works only to download recent videos. Let us see how to download Reddit images and videos on an Android device:
Download a recent video on the Reddit app:
- On your Android phone, open the Reddit app and select the video you want to download.
- To open the video in full screen, click the post. In the top-right part of the video, press the three-dot menu.
- Click the Download button from the menu at the bottom of the screen. Once the video is downloaded, a message saying GIF downloaded will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
Download a recent image on the Reddit app:
You can easily download the images you want from Reddit. Here is how you do it:
- Open the image you want to download by clicking the image post. Next, click the three-dot me at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click the Download button.
The videos and images downloaded from the Reddit app will be saved on your device’s media folder, and you can share them on any social media platform.
2] Download Images Directly on a PC
If you are using Reddit on your PC, you can easily download and save the images you view on Reddit directly to your desktop in any image format. Here is how you download images directly onto your PC:
- Open Reddit on your browser. While scrolling on Reddit, if you see an image you wish to download and save, click the image to view it in full screen.
Note: Always download the image by clicking it first and then right-click it to save it on your PC. Otherwise, it will be only saved as a web page.
- Right-click the image you want to save and choose the Save image as option from the context menu.
- In the Save as window, choose the destination where you want to save the image and give a file name. Click the Save button to download and save the image on your PC.
3] Use Reddit Video Downloader
Rapid Save, a Reddit video downloader with audio, is a simple tool to download Reddit videos to your PC or Android device. It is an online Reddit video downloader, allowing you to download a Reddit video with just a link, so you do not have to install any software. It functions by separating the audio and video and combining them into a single HD MP4 file.
This is how you download a video from Reddit using Rapid Save:
- Find the video that you wish to download from Reddit on your desktop browser. Next, click the Share button below the video you wish to download and click the Copy Link option from the context menu.
- Go to the Rapid Save Reddit video downloader page and paste the link of the Reddit video into the text box. Next, click the Download button.
- On the next page, choose either the Download HD Video or the SD Versions button to download the Reddit video based on your preferences. The downloaded video will be saved in the Downloads folder of your PC.
4] Use Extensions to Download Videos
To download Reddit videos with music to your PC, use the Video Downloader for Reddit – Redditsave browser extension from Rapid Save for Chrome or Firefox. Here is how to use the browser extension to download videos from Reddit:
- Open your Google Chrome browser, click the three-dot menu at the top right corner, and click the Settings option from the context menu.
- On Chrome’s settings page, click Extensions from the left pane.
- Click the Chrome Web Store link on the Extensions page.
- Copy and paste the Video Downloader for Reddit – Redditsave into the Extensions search bar in the Chrome Web Store, press the Enter key, and click the result.
- Click the Add to Chrome button next to the Video Downloader for Reddit – Redditsave extension. Click the Add extension button when prompted. You can click the Turn on sync button to get the extensions on all your computers.
- To download the desired video from Reddit on your desktop, click the video post on Reddit and click the Extensions icon at the top right corner of your Chrome browser. Click the Video Downloader for Reddit – Redditsave extension.
- The Reddit video downloader will open with your desired Reddit video and be ready for download. You can view the downloaded Reddit video in the Downloads folder of your Windows PC.
There are several simple ways to download Reddit videos and images. Using an Android device, you can download videos and images through the built-in downloading option in the Reddit app to download and save images and videos. If you want to download Reddit images on your PC, you can directly save them to your PC.
Downloading videos from Reddit on your PC includes internet downloaders or a browser extension like the Video Downloader for Reddit – Redditsave, to download and save your favorite Reddit videos on your PC.