Docx is the popular extension of Word File which was introduced in Office 2007. As a smaller introduction, DOCX are XML based files and are similar to archives e.g. zip files.
To copy images from a DOCX file is a bit of pain but like we know that DOCX are also archives, you can always extract them. Follow the steps below :
- Make a copy of your docx file. In case its not DOCX, save the file as DOCX.
- Now rename the type from .docx to .zip. It’s recommended as Windows has native support for it.
- Right Click and extract where you want.
- Now open the folder where you have unzipped and navigate to ..FILE-NAME-XXXwordmedia
- You will find all the images available in this folder.
The only flaw with this is that you will have images named as image1, image 2 etc which you will have to rename depending where you will use them. Thanks Abhik