Facebook has launched location aware service integrated inside and you can make use of it by using this URL http://touch.facebook.com/#home.php. Whenever you update using this url or using the iPhone app, your location is published telling where you are.
However if you do not want to share your location or hide from few of your friends tracking you, here is how you can control it :
- Login to Facebook > Privacy Settings > Customize Settings.
- Now look for option which says Places I check in which is under Things I Share
- Here you can opt to choose to share with Only Friends, with Friends of Friends or with everyone.
- However if you wish not to share your location click on Customize option.
- Now decide whom you want to share your location and with whom you don’t i.e. hide.