Google Chrome is ready for business as declared in Google Enterprise latest post and for that Group Policies are in the place to deploy.For Windows the policies come as templates in form of ADM or ADMX files which you need to install. Below are the steps :
- Download the Policy Templates from here
- Extract it. Here you will find two folders Common and Windows. Go to Windows.
- Depending on which machine you need to install on choose either of two folder in Windows adm or admx.
- Now to import group policy for chrome, open Policy templates path in your Windows machine which is at C:WindowsPolicyDefinitions
- I have Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2 where I need to use ADMX folder. Inside ADMX folder you have one .admx file and one language file .adml which will be inside en-US.
- Now copy the .admx file into C:WindowsPolicyDefinitions
- Now inside the C:WindowsPolicyDefinitions there should be a folder as en-US which represents the language. Now copy .adml file inside C:WindowsPolicyDefinitionsen-US.
- You might be promoted for permission.
Close everything and launch the Group Policy Editor and navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates. Here you will find a new folder named as Google under which there is Google Chrome with all the required templates to be used in Business Environment.