If you are one of those person who gets tons of messages on Facebook for whatsoever reason, you might already know how much difficult it is to delete the messages one by one. Facebook as of now only allows you to delete the message once you are inside the chat history and select Action > Delete Message. This option is not there right where the message list is available or even on per message basis. The only option you get is to archive the message. It seems Facebook does not want you to lose them, ever.
So keeping this in mind, Developer Ravan Scafi , came up with a chrome extension which hacks into this settings and brings the delete button right where you need it. Once you have the extension installed :
- You get a Delete All Button right next to New Message of the Message List
- and you get a delete link on per message basis.
Said that, since there is no recovery process to get deleted messages back, make sure to use this smartly else you might delete all your messages or any important m,message.
- There is no confirmation message to warn that all message will be deleted. This is lethal when you accidentally hit the delete button/
- Author can implement Mass Archive action also for Message list.
- Not sure if its possible but deleting individual messages will be a bliss.
Download the extension from here