Disk Management Tool in Windows allows you to manage all the connected disks on your PC. This tool comes in handy when you need t go beyond formatting disks, i.e., create new partitions, and so on. In this article, we will talk about how to open Disk management tool in Windows. Please make sure that you stay tuned till the end of this article.
What Is Disk Management Tool In Windows?
Disk Management is a utility provided by Microsoft preinstalled in every copy of Windows, which allows you to control and manage many aspects related to the drives installed on a PC. You can partition drives, format them, assign drive utility, and many more. The utility can also be used to modify the file system of a drive.
Well, now that you know what Disk Management is and how it works, let’s have a detailed look at ways to open the Disk Management tool in Windows.
Opening Disk Management Tool In Windows
Opening the Disk Management tool in Windows is a pretty straightforward process, and there are only a few steps you have to go through to open it, regardless of the method you use. Here’s all that’s covered:
- Using Windows Power user Menu
- Using Windows Run
- Using Windows Terminal
- Using Windows explorer
- Using PC management
You will need an admin account to use Disk Management Tool.
1] Opening Disk Management Tool Using Windows Power User Menu
This is one of Windows’s most straightforward methods to open the Disk Management tool. The power user menu is the home to many important utilities, which you may need to go through various steps to open. Here’s how to open Disk Management using Windows Power User Menu:
- Right-click the Windows Start icon in the Taskbar.
- This will open the Windows Power menu, which will list all the utilities that can be accessed from the Power User menu.
- Find Disk Management and click on it to open it.
2] Opening Disk Management Tool Using Windows Run
Windows Run is a utility provided by Windows which can be used to run commands and applications directly from a console. Here’s how to open Disk Management using Windows Run:
- Open Windows run by pressing the Windows+R keys on your keyboard.
- Now, type in diskmgmt.msc and press enter. This will directly open the Disk Management window.
3] Opening Disk Management Tool Using Windows Terminal
Windows Terminal is the command line interface that combines the power of Command Prompt and Windows Powershell into one. Anyone can use it to execute commands to perform certain functions and open applications and utilities. Here’s how to use Windows Terminal to open the Disk Management tool using Windows Terminal:
- Right-click the Windows start icon in the task manager and select Windows terminal (Admin) from the power user menu.
- Now, type in the following command and press enter to open the Disk Management tool directly.
4] Opening Disk Management Tool Using Windows Explorer
Windows explorer is where you access every file and application on your PC. It is responsible for functioning many important components of the operating system. Here’s how to open the Disk Management tool using Windows explorer:
- Open Windows explorer from the taskbar or desktop area or search for it in the start menu.
- Now, in the address bar of Windows explorer, type Diskmgmt.msc to directly open the Disk management tool.
5] Opening Disk Management Tool Using PC Management
PC Management is a utility where multiple tools essential for managing crucial functions on a Windows PC can be viewed under a single Windows. Here’s how to open Disk Management using PC Management:
- Open the Windows Start menu and search for PC Management and open it.
- Now, in PC Management, head over to the left pane.
- Under the storage section, you’ll find Disk Management. Click on it to open the Disk Management tool.
Utilizing the disk space on your PC efficiently is crucial to how the other components on your PC perform. It is always recommended to store system files in a separate partition to prevent file corruption and accidental deletion of crucial files. We hope you found the article to be insightful. Please make sure that you share it with everyone.
Is Using DISKPART safe?
Diskpart is an extended command line version of the Disk Management tool. Suppose you have to perform basic functions related to disk management. In that case, utilizing the Disk Management tool is generally recommended as it is easier to use and swift and precise.
Can I create Disk Partitions From Disk management?
Creating Disk partitions from Disk Management is fairly easy and takes less time. Make sure you follow all the instructions carefully. To create a disk partition, you first need to shrink the drive to create unallocated space. Then, use this unallocated space to create a new partition.