Irfanview is free software that can decrease image size, color depth, format conversion (e.g., BMP to JPG), and many others. After I received my marriage pictures, I was shocked to see that size of each image was around 3 MB. Later, I learned it was taken from Nikon Camera and had a high resolution.
Now images with sizes like 4 MB are not helpful over the internet. Not only it takes time to upload, but also, viewing the same is slow. I had one more problem with more than 300 images. Now it isn’t very pleasant to do it individually. I wanted something which could do this job in a batch process.
How to reduce image size in batch (Free Software)
Irfanview is a small-sized free download software that solved both problems without affecting my image quality.
The features of Irfan View are: –
- Change Image Size by reducing resolution.
- Batch Crop, Resize, and reduce color depth.
- Set transparency.
- Output in most common image formats.
- You can even use Video files.
- Batch Rename.
- Customized Settings can be saved into a file. This allows you not to set things again and again. Just load the settings file and convert.
- Insert Text into images.
- Mix any number of images and output as one file.
Here are some images which will give you a better idea.
This software is pretty cool and helpful if you have any image issues. It can solve them quickly and is not heavy on your computer either. What imaging software are you using? Share with us in the comments.