The Taskbar on your Windows 10 machine is extremely useful. You can easily pin your most-used apps to the Taskbar and launch it pretty quickly. But, if you have added lots of unwanted apps to the Taskbar or remove all the apps from it. Then resetting and clearing all pinned apps on Taskbar would be a great idea.
But the question is, how to reset and clear all pinned apps on Taskbar in Windows 10? In this article, I will be talking about this only.
Of course, you are allowed to pin almost any app to the Taskbar and remove them individually. But if you don’t want to remove apps one by one, then there is an effective method that you can give a try.
Let me explain how to reset and clear all pinned apps on Taskbar in Windows 10.
How to reset and clear all Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows 10?
There are two different ways to reset and clear pinned apps from the taskbar. The first method requires you to find the location where pinned apps are saved and delete them manually. However, the only drawback of this method is that it is time-consuming.
Hence, I would recommend you try the second method in which you have to create a .bat file and get done with the job instantly.
But before you go ahead and give the method a try, make sure to take a backup of registry files or create a system restore point as it will make changes in the registry editor, which might mess up your system.
Reset and clear all Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows 10
- At first, launch Notepad.
- Then you will need to paste the following command in Notepad.
DEL /F /S /Q /A "%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\*" REG DELETE HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband /F taskkill /f /im explorer.exe start explorer.exe
- Next, click on File> Save us.
- Now choose the location of the File. Also, enter any name you wish to keep for the File. However, do ensure that the File has the .bat extension. For instance, you can save the File as file.bat.
- Next, from the Save as type dropdown menu, select All Files and save the File.
- Finally, locate the File and double click on it to run the .bat File, and it will reset and clear all pinned apps on Taskbar in Windows 10.
By following the above methods, you will remove all the pinned apps from the Taskbar in Windows 10. However, it would not remove the system default apps like the Task view or Cortona. Anyway, I hope this guide has helped you with your question about reset and clearing all Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows 10.