Many a time you need to send an SMS at a particular time, but if you have a busy schedule, it becomes nearly impossible. While emails can be scheduled, we dont have the option in SMS app as of now. In this post, we are sharing an online service which can send SMS at a scheduled date and time.
How to send free scheduled text messages from your Computer
OhDontForget is a website + Service which solves your problem to almost anywhere in the world. All you need is enter the phone number, date and time, and your text message. In just one step, you can ping your boyfriend to remind him about your gift or even wish your friend happy birthday, while you are attending a meeting.
Its a paid service which costs as low as 1 cent per message, and it is available for US and Canada. When I first wrote about it, it used to offer free service which one can use once in a while, but now its paid.
- Does not contain advertisement along with SMS you had sent.
- You can create recurring reminders, so you never forget your anniversary.
- You have Address book feature where you can store your number.
- You can also check sent SMS, i.e. using Logs.
Apart from this :
- Supports ‘ported’ and non-US numbers: If you want to send a message outside the US, add a number and select the service provider. I don’t see all the service provider but most commonly used are available.
- Automatically detect your time zone based on your location.
- In case somebody is spamming you using this service, you can contact OhDontForget to know the number. However, only if the user has used a premium service, a number can be detected. Keeping this in mind, they can add your number in DND if you send out a request.
- They do not allow bulk SMS, but if you want to use it in of your application or professionally, they do have a commercial API.
Check out OhDontForget