This is a small trick for Linux users if you want to send an sms from your pc for free.This will be applicable for Linux users.You will need a GAIM Internet messenger, Chix Gaim Plugin and libchix library and Indiatimes chika account.These are the things you need to download first.
- GAIM Internet messenger
- Chix Gaim Plugin and libchix library
- An Indiatimes chika account
- Works with Major carriers in India like Airtel, Vodafone, BSNL and so on.
Steps to setup GAIM and Chikka
- First of all install the gaim messenger.If you don’t have it yet download first.
- Second install the libchix dependency library.
- Third install the chix gaim plugin using the usual configure make and make install commands
- .Make sure you have gaim 1.1.x or above.
That’s all, Now open your GAIM and use the plugin
Bonus tip for windows user :
How to create a shortcut to lock your computer ?
- Right click on your desktop and create a shortcut. Then add the following details on it.
- * %WINDIR\System32\rundll32.exe, LockWork Station
- * Make sure the Start in = %WINDIR%