Twitter has rolled out a new feature where notification is sent to you when somebody Retweets or any of your tweet is added to someone’s favorite. Though this is very useful but if you have huge follower base and lot of your tweets are re tweeted and favorite, your inbox will be spammed with these notifications. So here are a couple of ways to control the notifications.
Completely Remove Notifications :
- Login to your account and go to Notifications Section. ( here )
- Under Messages, Uncheck option which says “I’m sent a reply or mentioned”
- Under Activity Section you have now two more options apart from notification on when you are followed by some one.
- The first option is for favorites tweet and second for retweets.
- Uncheck and Save.
Change Notification Email Address :
In case you do want all those emails, you can change it to a separate email id by using the change link in the notification section. This is useful only when you have a spare junk account but then all your email notification from twitter goes there.
Filter Twitter Notifications :
Now if you still want to use the same account then use the concept of Filter to send them into another folder. This can be done in two ways :
- Sort according to Email ID : If you are using Gmail or Google Apps account give a different email id which can be like [email protected] where myemailid is your real email account. In Google Apps you can create nick names for your email id.
- Use the Subject line : For example, the retweet notifications are sent as “Ashish Mohta (@ashishmohta) retweeted one of your Tweets!”, So you can filter subject containing “retweeted one of your Tweets!” and make it skip inbox.
This feature is still rolling out to the accounts so chances are that you might not see it as of now but may be on a day or two. Read more about it here.