Facebook groups are an excellent way to stay in touch with friends and family, exchange photographs and videos, and preserve memories. It is also simple to add new members to your group. Even while the primary aim of a Facebook group is to interact with friends and family, some people will take advantage of this freedom by adding you to groups you have no knowledge of or to others with objectives you disagree with. So, in this article, we will share how you can stop people from adding you to Facebook groups.
How to Stop People from Adding You to Facebook Groups
Below are three simple ways you can follow to stop people from adding you to groups on Facebook. There is no direct button to prevent you from being added to groups, but these approaches should keep you from being added to some extent.
- Prevent people from inviting you to join this group again
- Block the Person Adding You to Groups
These work in different situations, so pick based on your current situation.
1] Prevent People From Inviting You to Join This Group Again
If you are currently a member of an undesirable Facebook group, you should leave it to reduce your chances of being joined to another group of specific interest by others. Follow the steps given below to exit a group on Facebook:
- Click the hamburger menu at the top right corner of your window and click on Groups from the context menu.
- On the left pane, you will find the groups you are a part of under the Groups you’ve joined heading.
- Next, click on the group you do not wish to be a part of, click the Joined button, and choose the Leave group option from the context menu.
- This will trigger a confirmation pop-up window. If you do not want to be added back to the group after you leave, toggle on the Prevent people from inviting you to join this group again option.
- Finally, click on the Leave group button. The group chat will be archived, and you will not be able to see the previous chats on the group.
2] Block the Person Adding You to Groups
If a Facebook user continues to add you to a group you do not wish to be a part of, blocking them is the last resort. Follow the methods given below to block the user who repeatedly adds you to groups:
- Go to the profile of the person you want to block and click the horizontal three-dot menu on the right of the person’s profile.
- Click on the Block option from the context menu. Click Confirm twice on the prompt windows that appear to finalize blocking the person on Facebook.
Once blocked, this person cannot see your posts on your timeline, tag you, invite you to events or groups, message you, or add you as a friend.
Also, profile-specific blocks apply individually. This block will not apply to the person’s other profiles, but it will restrict some ways they can engage with you from those profiles.
So, these are how you can prevent other people from adding you to Facebook groups. You may tell them to stop directly, but that might be inconvenient. Therefore, you can delete their invitation, block the user, or leave the group you were added to to avoid receiving subsequent group invitations.
How Do I Hide My Posts in Facebook Groups From Certain Friends?
The only option to hide your posts from another group member is to block that individual. Some communities enable anonymous posting, which may be an option if you do not want to block this individual and do not want them to know that you made the message.
How to Stop Receiving Group Chats on Facebook?
To stop receiving notifications from group chats, open the group, click the horizontal three-dots menu, and click the Manage notifications option. There are options like In-app notifications, Push notifications, and Member request notifications. Depending on your preferences, you can turn them all off or choose to keep some notifications.