Starting from Firefox 4, All the Add-ons are set to get updated automatically which means if you are if you are testing a current version you will lose it as soon as the updated version for that add-on gets hit. Though thinking from a broader point, specially in terms of security, this is good but some of us might not like this. Follow the steps below :
- Click on Firefox Menu
- Select Add-ons. This will open the Add-ons Manager.
- Look for a configuration icon on top right, click it.
- To disable automatic updates for all add-ons uncheck “Update Add-ons Automatically”
Now if you just want to disable updates for some add-ons.
- Select The Extensions Tab in Add-ons Manager.
- Select the add-on for which you want to disable the Automatic Update.
- Click on link which says More.
- This will give you complete history of that add-ons
- Look for a section which says Automatic Updates. The option that is selected here is the default.
- Change this to Off.
Done this, Firefox will no more update all the add-ons automatically.
Now when an update is available for the extension for which auto update is disabled, you will see a new pane which says Available Updates will appear. You can click on that and update the extensions manually.