Watching content on an Android TV is a great way to elevate your viewing experience by taking advantage of a large screen estate. You can download and install apps on an Android TV from the Play Store to watch your favorite shows and movies. To enhance your viewing experience further, the developers religiously push updates for these apps to add new features and remove bugs.
However, you’d have to manually update all the installed apps on Android TV if you haven’t enabled the Auto-update option. If you’re scratching your head and wondering how to update installed apps on Android TV manually, we’ll walk you through step-by-step instructions on how to do so.
How to Update Apps on Android TV?
The process of updating apps on Android TV is pretty straightforward. It’s just like updating apps on your Android phone. Follow the steps mentioned below to update apps on Android TV manually.
- On your Android TV home screen, navigate to the Apps option at the top-left corner.
- Find and open Google Play Store from the menu.
- Go to your profile icon at the top-right corner.
- Click on the Manage apps & games option.
- Select the Updates option from the menu.
- Click on the Update all option to update all the installed apps or select the particular application from the menu you wish to update.
Once the update finishes downloading, your app will run on the latest version.
How to Enable Auto-update for Apps on Android TV
If updating apps manually is too much hassle, you can opt for the auto-update option. After enabling this feature, your apps will automatically update when a newer version is available at the Play Store. Read along to learn how to enable the auto-update option for apps on Android TV.
- In Google Play Store, go to your profile.
- Click on the Settings option from the menu.
- Select the Auto-update apps option.
- Select the Auto-update apps at any time option.
After this, your apps should automatically get updated to the latest version when an update is available.
How do I update inbuilt apps on Android TV?
The process is similar to how you can update any app from PlayStore. Go to the Manage apps and games section and scroll to find if an update is available for any of the built-in apps. You can search by name or take a long route to scroll and find if an update is available. When you find it, click on the Update button, and it will be added to the update queue.