Looks like Instagram is getting so addictive between users that they just want it everywhere. Be it mobile or their PC. While Windows Phone users have options like Instance, Windows 8 users now have Instapic which is a beautifully done Instagram client. Before you raise your eyebrows and ask me if it can post a picture ? Yes it can and it’s definitely worth buying even if I had to pay for it.
First and foremost, this is NOT the official client and its a third-party app where you can use your Instagram account to sign in or even do a Instagram Sign-up to create new.
Instapic, developed by Applyf, allows you to
- View your yummy and beautiful timeline full of foods and moments your friends are sharing.
- Comment on the picture and like them.
- View featured and popular posts.
- Tabbed view when you make a search. Displays results for users and tags
- Just in case if you joined in for the first time, you can connect with your Facebook Friends and follow them.
- Pin user to start screen. However large tile is not supported making picture display useless.
- Save photos and videos that you like to your PC/Tablet
Two features you will love about this app:
Share Friends Pictures to Facebook and Twitter. Though there is an option in Instagram but that’s only meant for sharing pictures you upload. In case you want to share what your friends are posting, you can connect these services and share instantly.
Photo Editor: You could not have asked for more. While Instagram official client does have filter, the app comes with a complete photo editor. You can Enhance, Add effects, Add stickers, change orientation, crop, brightness control, change contrast, increase or decrease sharpness, add text, draw, remove red-eye, whiten or make it blur.
As you make it ready to post, you can also save the picture to your PC if you liked your editing a lot.
Conclusion: That said, Instapic is really a well done client for Instagram even if it’s not official. The interface follows the Metro Standard of Windows 8 and you will never feel using the old age desktop. The image loading is pretty fast, profile views are impressive and notifications works nicely.