Wondering how to install Microsoft Defender Application Guard for Microsoft Edge? If yes, this guide is here to help you out.
Microsoft Defender Application Guard is a great way to enjoy additional security while using Microsoft Edge. It creates a virtual environment for Microsoft Edge to run. So when you visit malware-infected or un-trusted websites on the internet, it won’t be able to affect your primary system.
How To Install Microsoft Defender Application Guard for Microsoft Edge?
There are multiple ways to install Microsoft Defender Application Guard for Microsoft Edge. These methods are:
- Using Windows Features
- Using Windows Security
- Using Windows Terminal
Now let’s look at these methods one by one below:
1] Using Windows Features
Microsoft Defender Application Guard is not a new feature. But it was introduced back in 2017 with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. So if you are on the latest version of Windows, there is a good chance you already have Microsoft Defender Application Guard on your PC. But it is not enabled yet.
To enable it, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + I to launch Settings.
- Go to Apps > Optional features.
- Scroll to the bottom and select More Windows features.
- Over here, look for Microsoft Defender Application Guard, tick it, and click on Ok.
- Now it will take a while to get completed. Finally, reboot your PC, and you are good to go.
2] Using Windows Security
You can also enable the Microsoft Defender application guard via Windows Security App. For this, follow the below steps:
- Go to Windows search, type Windows Security, and launch it.
- Click on App & browser control from the sidebar.
- Click on Install Microsoft Defender Application Guard under Isolated browsing.
- It will now open the Windows Features window.
- From here, enable Microsoft Defender Application Guard and click on OK.
- Finally, reboot your PC when the process is completed.
3] Using Windows Terminal
Finally, you can use Windows Terminal to enable the Microsoft Defender Application guard. To do so, follow these steps:
- Press Windows + X to launch Quick Menu.
- Go to Windows Terminal (Admin).
- Over here, run the following command:
Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Windows-Defender-ApplicationGuard
- Finally, type Y in the Terminal and press Enter to reboot your PC.
So those were three quick ways to install Microsoft Defender Application Guard for Microsoft Edge. To use this feature, you must launch Microsoft Edge, click on the three dots icon at the top right corner, and then select New Application Guard Window.
Also, If you want to uninstall this feature, go to Windows Features and uncheck it, and you are good to go.
What is Microsoft Defender Application Guard?
Microsoft Defender Application Guard is a mini virtual machine powered by Hyper-V. This main job is running Microsoft Edge in an isolated space separated from your primary system. As a result, it protects your computer from browser hack attacks, malware, or viruses.
Additionally, when you use Microsoft Defender Application Guard, it will launch Edge in a blank state with no user information. As a result, you can browse the internet with complete anonymity.
Why is Microsoft Defender Application Guard for Microsoft Edge helpful?
Microsoft Defender Application Guard is beneficial in many ways. First, it offers protection against any new and unknown types of malware that have not yet been identified. Also, it offers an enhanced security environment to enterprises and an improved browsing performance.