Have you ever wondered how to close apps running in the background on iPhone, iPad, and Mac? This guide will help you do so. Keep on reading!
Apple has been spearheading innovation for the last several years. The advent of the multitasking feature has made the brand even more popular. Now, users can run multiple apps in the background while using iPhones, iPad, and Macs.
However, running too many apps can cause several issues. For instance, it can affect the performance of the system. It will also take up the charge and slow down the device. In that case, closing the apps running in the background on iPhone, iPad, and Mac is an excellent idea.
Here, we will discuss how you can close apps in detail.
How to Close Apps Running in Background on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
Closing apps running in the background on iPhone, iPad, and Mac is slightly different. Take a look at what you need to do in the section below:
- Close Background Apps on iPad
- Close Background Apps on iPhone
- Close Background Apps on Macbook
1] Close Background Apps on iPad
You must follow specific instructions to close background apps running on the iPad. Firstly, you need to double-tap the home button. It will lead to the app switcher. Now, you need to swipe the apps that come on the screen. That way, you can exit these background apps.
Note: If your iPad runs on iOS 11, you must try a different tactic. Press your finger on the window that comes and hold it. Wait till you see Xs on the screen. After that, tap on these to close the apps.
2] Close Background Apps on iPhone
Do you want to close apps running in the background on your iPhone? In that case, you need to follow specific steps.
For iPhone X and later, here are the steps you must adopt:
- Go to the Home screen. Now swipe up from the downward part of the screen.
- Pause only when you are in the mid-part.
- You will come across the background apps.
- Now, swipe up to close them one by one.
For iPhone 8 and older, check out these steps:
- Click on the Home Button twice.
- You will come across the list of apps running in the background.
- Swipe up, and the apps will close.
3] Close Background Apps on Mac
For Mac, users have two different solutions. Let’s take a look at them one by one.
1st Method: Using Activity Monitor
Activity Monitor can close an app you don’t want to use anymore. It is also an excellent way to fix unresponsive apps. Take a look at the steps mentioned below –
- Launch Finder. Click on Go and select the Applications folder from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Utilities folder.
- Open the Activity Monitor app.
- You will see a list of apps under Process Name and related information in the CPU tab. Choose the app you want to close. Now, select the Stop button present in the upper-left part of the window.
- You will come across two options – Quit and Force Quit.
- Choose any one of them to close the app.
2nd Method: Use Force Quit
Another way to close apps on your Mac is to opt for the Force Quit option. You can follow these steps:
- Select the Apple logo on the screen (you will find it in the upper left corner).
- Click on Force Quit from the drop-down menu.
- Now, you will come across a list of apps. Select the app you want to close.
- Now, click the Force Quit button.
- When prompted, go ahead and confirm it by clicking on Force Quit once again.
The app you have selected for force quitting will get removed right away.
if your Mac is running slow, I am sure this will help to improve the Macbook’s performance.
While multitasking is excellent, too much can cause different issues. For instance, it may affect the speed and performance of the system. That is why closing the apps running in the background is a good idea. Irrespective of whether you have an iPad, iPhone, or Mac, you can follow simple steps and close the apps.